Wednesday 12 December 2007

Have a holly jolly Wednesday


Sooo...only 13 days until Christmas and all that, eh? I don't know if I'm really prepared for it this year. I still haven't quite got into the spirit, although I've done my decorating and got most all the gifts I need to get....Something still seems off about it. Like it's too soon or something.

Well, I have two Christmas parties this weekend to go to so that may just get me in the proper mood.

Christmas is always a strange time for me anyway. The whole holiday season actually, since of course New Years is in there and my birthday is the second of January too. It's all another benchmark thing. Really makes me think too hard about the way the year went and what I want for the future. I also seem to miss people more this time of year, which of course is only natural. Still, it's strange because the people I miss are not the ones that I actually used to spend the holidays with, but rather the people I always wished I could spend them with but never got to. I guess I always spent the time with the people I felt obligated to spend it with rather than the people I really wanted to spend it with. Of course, that's what holidays are for, right? Spend the time with crazy family and obligation to help you appreciate the regular days where you can just hang with friends or whatever.

Not that I don't like spending time with my family...just that it's taxing.

Anyway, so what was I saying...I'm not feeling Christmas-ey yet? Come to think of it, thinking all these things and being a little melancholy about it is pretty much the Christmas spirit after all. So I guess I am in the mood. God bless us, every one!



No comments:

Post a Comment