Wednesday 8 April 2009

Recovering the satellites...


so I'm here waiting for plans to form and I decided to blog and I have two different things I want to blog about but instead of either of them I just stood on the balconey and looked out at my ever-changing view.

the moon is almost perfectly full tonight and it's reflecting on the lake like some kind of dream. The tiniest ripples cascade the circle of the moon into a billion points of silver and it's so beautiful I think I might just cry.

It's erased all the thought from my mind and all I want to do is stare at it out the computer window. How can this world be so bleak and grey one moment and so fantastical the next? I don't understand existence at all. What can all of this mean? If the medium is the message than what is the world trying to say?

Am I a throw-back? How come I can stare for hours at such a sight when so many people shrug and blow it off? I know, it'll be back tomorrow and every month for my entire life, but is continuity any reason for a lack of amazement? Am I the only person who sees this? Did television and the internet and the clog of a trillion electric lights remove any sense of amazement we as a species can find in natural light and natural beauty?

Perhaps I am just obsessed with water and light. Perhaps I must stop to consider that maybe the problem is me.

I can't get over how wondrous that view is. I'll appreciate it all alone if I must.


"
She sees shooting stars and comet tails
She's got heaven in her eyes
She says I don't need to be an angel

But I'm nothing if I'm not this high

But we only stay in orbit

For a moment of time "




4 comments:

  1. Naw, you're not crazy. I've had plenty of like moments. (And be lucky you're not in a light pollution filled city to ruin the view)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I sort of am, but there's enough clear spots to see stuff...it's not nearly as bad as some cities....at least the lake makes a big dark spot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that moon brought me to tears also....it was huge!!
    Psalm 19
    For the director of music. A psalm of David.
    1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
    2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they display knowledge.

    3 There is no speech or language
    where their voice is not heard. [a]

    ReplyDelete