Saturday 2 October 2010

Welcome to October


I can't believe it's already October again. Seems like this year has just flown by.

Looking back, I've only ever made one post in October, and a rather innocuous one mainly just to say happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving. In a way I find that strange, but thinking a bit harder, I guess it isn't.

October is one of my favourite months, but it's also the one where I am most likely to be lost in self-absorption and probably fairly moody as well. I mean, it's the month where everything winds down for winter....the temperature gets colder and all the leaves change...the weather is very inconsistent...sometimes it's snow, sometimes it's almost summer-time. Like the song says, "the way I feel, so much depends on the weather..."

The main reason that I usually keep fairly silent about October is that it is the home of both of my major-relationship anniversaries. Of course neither of them count for anything now, but for some reason I remember them anyway. Maybe because it's also my parents anniversary month, so it just reminds me. Usually I either can't or won't remember the past at all. Sometimes though, my brain just gets into reminiscent mode and suddenly it's as if I no longer have control of the metaphorical clicker. Won't turn off and stuck on a lousy channel. Hmmpf.

Although in theory I am looking for a new relationship again, I'd almost hate to have that happen in October. There's too much baggage associated with the poor month already.

On the other hand, I get to eat a lot of turkey! Turkey is good. And, before we know it, it'll be a whole new year. Winter is coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment