Friday 22 July 2011

Jessica's Eyes

I couldn't let this day go by without commemorating it....a day that will live in infamy....she's left on a jet plane and doesn't know when she'll be back again...



I loved her though she was so young
So sure to break my heart
I wanted her even as I felt us drift apart
I needed her, the only one
to see through my disguise
I won't forget the light I felt
Within Jessica's eyes

I cannot write a love song
Without becoming tragedy
I don't know how to feel this loss
In any other way
But how I, I love her
What I feel
Should come as no surprise
I'll never lose the love I felt
Within Jessica's eyes

I miss her smile, I miss her sense
Enfolded in my arms
I can't forget the way she felt
Can't let go of her charms
I see her now, I hear her laugh
Mysterious and wise
I'd die a hundred thousand deaths yet live
Within Jessica's eyes

I never felt a bond so deep
Connection so profound
As with this child, this woman now
A girl both lost and found
I loved her then, I always will
Should come as no big surprise
I lost myself, I found myself
Within Jessica's eyes

I lost myself I found myself again
Within Jessica's eyes......

No comments:

Post a Comment