Thursday 3 May 2012

Looking Back...


So my parents sold their house and are moving into an apartment this month.  It's a good move for them and the new place is great!  The downside is all the stuff that's been in their basement for the last 18 or so years now needs to be loved or left.  I took home a car full of old papers, pictures, doo-dads and love letters and have been slowly going through stuff.  I thought it might be fun to share some...

The above pic of little 5 year old Mike really says all you need to know about me!  I'm still wearing that same outfit, have that same haircut, have the SAME BLUE BLANKET on my bed and now I DRIVE the train!  Isn't that messed up?  I recently heard a quote that is oh-so-true...."Everything I loved as a child and hated as a teenager I now love again." What a strange 30 year path I've followed to end up with so much in common with my 5 year old self...

Anyway, moving forward in time, here is an essay I wrote in 1994 about my experiences as a kid in 1984!  Here in 2012 it's an interesting read...

Click to expand...sorry it's a little cramped...they only gave me one page...

Oh and here's a picture of the "town mountain" with a "G" for Gunnison on it...NOT the biggest mountain around, trust me!  I remember my grandpa came to visit one time and he took me for a walk up this mountain and my parents were mad because we weren't being very careful about the rattlesnakes.  I miss that grumpy old man...actually I think he took this pic cause it was his photo album I nabbed it from...


Wow.  Old School!

1 comment:

  1. thanks Mike...wow...such great memories you write about...love your writing and so look forward to reading that book you are writing...you have such a way of expressing your feelings so well...i am so happy you have that gift!

    ReplyDelete