Thursday 15 November 2012

The Best Things in Life Are Free?


 I've never been great at math...I mean, I'm not terrible but sometimes I make mistakes.  I'm not super confident in my answers and always have to double check.

Having said that, I made an addition error this year while I was trying to calculate how much to pay each month against the debt that I owe!  Long-time readers will know that I've been struggling all year (and for YEARS before that!) to pay off my debt by December 15th, 2012.

Well, I failed at that.  Due to my erroneous math, I actually JUST PAID OFF MY DEBT A MONTH EARLY!!!!

Wha?!?!  

Yeah, that's right...math error IN MY FAVOUR!!!  

I'm debt free!!!

I can't actually believe that.

I got my first credit card in 1996.  I was 19 years old, and it was a Zellers Club "Z" CIBC card.

By 1997 I owed more money than I had.

15 long years.

I've got this spot in between my shoulder blades, around where my neck starts, that's constantly in pain.  It's like there's always a large, blunt object trying to dig into the bone there.  A railroad spike, perhaps.

Then I found out about this today!  I have to say...spot hurts a little less!

15 years...seriously.  Today I finished paying for pizza and beer from 2002.  I finished paying for that Playstation game I bought in 2004.  The transmission I rebuilt in the car I sold a year later in 1999.  Countless gifts for girls I haven't even spoken to in years.

15 long years I've been paying for the decisions...the mistakes...I made in my early 20's.  

Now I'm done!  It's over!

This is going to take a while to sink in....


No comments:

Post a Comment