Thursday 22 November 2012

"Wait and See"


 So my friend says to me, after yet another failed relationship, that she's worried she may never find "the one".

The One.

"The One"

ugh.


That same concern has been on my mind lately too.  Particularly with last weeks paradigm shifting realization that I'm debt free coupled with my subconscious brain clearly screaming at me that I ought to have kids before I'm too old.  OR at least A kid.  Maybe...

I don't really know.

And I don't really know if I believe in "The One" either...seems mostly like the one that this statement refers to is simply the first one that you knock up (or I guess who knocks you up, if you're a girl).

Not always, I guess!  I know 2, maybe 3 couples that really do seem like they were meant to be together.  You can look at them and just TELL that they belong together, even after they've been dating for years.  In a way, I think this is unfair to the rest of us, as I'm sure that not even close to half of everybody really ever finds that.  So the big question is, do you wait?  Or do you grab the next best thing?  If I can't be with the one I love, should I love the one that I'm with? 

I realized something a little while ago from watching yet another friend of mine who's in a relationship currently.  I learned that I expect too much from my girlfriends.  I want a girl to sort of be all things to me...friend, lover, drinking buddy and psychiatrist all rolled together (just to name a FEW requirements).  It's unreasonable and unfair to some poor girl who involves herself with me...I gotta watch out for that...

Anyway I'm just rambling at this point, waiting for the laundry to be done!  I guess all you really can take from this post is that, having crossed the biggest "to do" off my life list last week, I'm examining the next largest deficiency in my life and looking at options.  I want to sound cynical but at the same time I want to be an idealist.  I guess the answer is the same in real life as it is in a John Irving novel..."wait and see."

Everything happens...all we need is just a little patience...

Oh Axl...

No comments:

Post a Comment