Thursday 2 January 2014

THIRTY-SEVEN?!?


Today is my 37th birthday.  Mike v.5.2.

Wow.  It's hard to believe.  I'm not really sure how I feel about that.

37 years old. 

I'm not doing anything today.  I had some plans, but for the last week I've been fighting off a wickedly tenacious virus and even as I type this I still feel dizzy and sluggish and not-quite-here.  Usually once I start taking anti-biotics I start to feel better within 48 hours, but in this case it's been 96 hours and...wellll.....

Although I have to admit I feel better so far today than I did yesterday....and yesterday was better than the days before it.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be fine, because either way Saturday it's back-to-work and enough of this lying around!

SO...37.

This has been a strange year for me.  I've never had a year where I've felt more in-between.  All of 2013 was about trying to deal with the emotional fall-out of what came before and trying to gather my resources and prepare my universe for whatever happens next.  Very little actually HAPPENED to me in 2013.

I spent a lot of time in my apartment and as a result I made my apartment a much nicer place to spend a lot of time in.

I spent a lot of time both up North at the cottage and here in the city sitting by myself next to a lake with a guitar.

I spent alot of time alone and a lot of time just walking around, thinking about myself, my life, who I am and what I want...annnd I came up with as many questions as I did answers.  Mostly I learned that I really like spending time by myself, even if it's lonely.

But what about the future?  What will 2014 hold?  What of...37?

I think that there are big changes coming in the future.  Not just in my life, but in the whole world.  It seems like things are ripe for change and though no-one really knows what that change will be, there's an air of quiet expectation.  Things are going to be different in the future...

Better?  Worse?  I dunno.  But different.

37.  Who woulda thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment